Philosophy and Mission
At Colorado Learning Connections, we do not just teach students math, writing, spelling, grammar, science, facts, dates, names, history, and geography; we teach them to be mathematicians, scientists, researchers, historians, writers, mapmakers, inventors, and thinkers. We strive to cultivate honest, driven learners who know how to ask questions and find the answers. Our students are not always the ones with their hands raised in class – our students’ hands are busy working, learning, and creating. Our students are willing to take the time to find what they love and our job is to guide them through the process of becoming successful, knowledgeable, global citizens.
Through individualized learning and responsive mentoring, we inspire, guide, and empower students and families.
In order to achieve this goal, we have committed to:
- respecting our students
- listening to our students
- honoring our students’ academic choices
- developing our students’ awareness of their unique learning styles
- supporting, guiding, and encouraging students to become self advocates
- communicating and building positive and successful relationships with students’ education support teams (primarily: parents and teachers)
Founding Objective as a Non-Profit Organization: To expand programming and ensure that it is accessible to and representative of all ethnic and socio-economic groups in Summit County, CO.